Pages

  • HOME
  • ABOUT
  • POLICIES / DISCLOSURES
  • CONTACT ME
STYLE ART LIFE

Monday 2 December 2013

Wardrobe Feature: Ghost (of Christmas Past) Jumper


Now that it's genuinely the winter season, I feel like I should be posting something more appropriate for the weather that Scotland's been having (i.e. cold and rainy with frostbite imminent).


It seems every goth and their dog bought this at Halloween whilst it was in stock at Newlook, and to be honest I don't blame them - it's adorable and incredibly cosy. I'm passing this off as my Christmas jumper of the year because ghosts are totally Christmas.


Derp photo for the lulz.

When I was going through a depressive slump in late October/early November, one of the first things that went was the effort that I put into how I looked. I stopped wearing make up, and I gradually couldn't be arsed with making the effort to look goth every day. And whilst that was a symptom of my increasing anhedonia, it actually is a good thing in many ways; I was spending too much time worrying about what to wear and putting on make up, and my appearance was in many ways impractical for my lifestyle. Currently, I'm sticking more to wardrobe staples, with outfits based on jeans, vest tops and shorts featuring prominently, which is more practical and gives more structure to my wardrobe (and avoids the fretting over what to wear in the morning that was becoming my life). There's no reason for that not to look gothy, however, and spooky jumpers fit right in there. And how could I say no to a woolly ghost that feels like being wrapped in a hug?


<3

How does your mood and your lifestyle affect your fashion? Do you prioritise when it comes to comfort versus appearance, or do you think that a healthy balance can be struck? Let me know in the comments!


Fee


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers, and promise to reply all comments. Spam and advertising will be deleted.