Pages

  • HOME
  • ABOUT
  • POLICIES / DISCLOSURES
  • CONTACT ME
STYLE ART LIFE

Thursday 28 November 2013

November Blog Round Up



Hello, all - it's time for the monthly blog round up! I missed this last month because of how busy the end of the month was, but I'm up and ready for this one.

  • A Thrifty Mrs wrote about how to set a Christmas budget - ever more important in the current recession (and especially for students like me) - and points out things most people wouldn't even consider including in their budget.
  • Sary Walrus at The Walrus Room collated useful advice for goths from comments (including one from myself), which is useful to both new and old goths.
  • My favourite blogger Halloween costume was probably Coffin Kitsch's Steampunk Punk - it reminds me a little of that punk Victorian Sherlock Holmes adaptation (fyi: coolest thing ever).
  •  On a more fashion academic point, the application of the uncanny valley hypothesis was used in dissecting alternative fashion and trends at The Mutant Stomp Friends. I find this really interesting, as it analyses the heart and theory of fashion in a way that we often don't consider.
  • Also from The Mutant Stomp Friends, 1666 x 30 also listed her favourite tumblrs - I usually hate inspiration posts and things like this, but I love some of the ones she's included; Polyvore Gore is an old favourite, but I'm still going through the archives of some of the others.

There were also lots of interesting fashion posts too, but I've been feeling the need to mix it up recently and try new blogs (still looking). Anyway, that's all for this month - see you when the tinsel is out and robins are wearing santa hats.





Fee


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks for the mention! I'll mention this on my blogs Facebook. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Didn't know that you had a facebook, so that's getting followed. :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome - love what you've been posting recently!

      Delete

I love interacting with readers, and promise to reply all comments. Spam and advertising will be deleted.