Pages

  • HOME
  • ABOUT
  • POLICIES / DISCLOSURES
  • CONTACT ME
STYLE ART LIFE

Sunday 3 November 2013

Happy (belated) Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone! I'm a bit late on the Halloween blogging front, but it's been a very busy few days; along with Samhain itself, I had a party the night before, and preparations for Ben's birthday (speaking of which, happy birthday Ben!), and everything was very last minute because it's me. Anyway, on to the costumes -

It was a very sober night, not being a heavy drinker, though the awful cheap cider I'm holding would lead you to believe otherwise.

I ended up going as the Bride of Frankenstein, and despite having planned the costume out earlier on in the month I only made it on the Wednesday just before a party, and didn't even know if it would work. Derp.


Scars done with collodium and liquid eyeliner - streak done with white hairspray, though I would have preferred clip in pieces.
Still, it was an excellent costume, and I really want to dress up as the Bride again with more time now. And despite being late, it was a fun party.



I also made some excellent Halloween cakes with Fiona (a dear friend of mine - with the same name as me - who's a very good baker), which were both tasty and creepy as hell.



It's been a really busy few days, hence I've not really been keeping up with blogging; I've felt bad about that, but my work/life balance has been all out recently as there's been a lot of commitments to uphold. Halloween wasn't as well planned as I'd have liked it to have been, and I never did anything for the day of the dead either, so there's lots to improve for next year; I might even host something myself. Until then, I should hopefully get back into the swing of things for November.

Finally, it was my Gran's birthday on All Soul's Day, like a true witch child. Happy birthday, Grannie - I miss you.


Stay safe!




Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers, and promise to reply all comments. Spam and advertising will be deleted.