Pages

  • HOME
  • ABOUT
  • POLICIES / DISCLOSURES
  • CONTACT ME
STYLE ART LIFE

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Improbable longing: Silver leotard


First on my list of 'items so ridiculous I shouldn't want them, but really, really do'. Hell, if body suits are a thing, then why can't I wear a dance leotard out?

I've been planning my halloween costume recently (more on this come the end of October), and found this in my search for something I could modify. I take aesthetic delight in it beyond its role as a costume piece, and dream of using it as an actual part of my wardrobe in the way (IN)DECOROUS TASTE found that nude body suits are an absurdly practical staple. Polo necks have been surging through my wardrobe over the past half year and conquering ground as they go, and silver has been my go to accent for some time now. Though really, I would get it in black as well.

I'd probably wear this on a night out with big hair, a cropped jacket and obnoxious heels, because even if I wear it seriously doing so is still a crazy performance. Spaceman inspiration? I can't get enough.




Fee


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love space-chic. The third outfit in my post has my space-inspired outfit which I made into a Halloween costume one year. Unfortunately the silver leggings can't be seen in this pic. http://goth-gardening.blogspot.com/2014/08/breaking-rules-one-status-report-at-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear leotards out (had a bunch of them in the 90s too). not metallic though! Future looks are cool. I've got one futuristic silver lame dress that I hardly wear because it's so crazy bold...and i don't really do the party scene anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Future looks are the best; I think cyberpunk and futurism are on the way back in now that everyone is realizing that steampunk is just a bunch of cogs stuck on cheap tat.

      Delete
  4. I spotted the link to (In)Decorus Taste... I loved that blog and was so sad when it stopped updating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too! Her style has been on my mind a lot recently.

      Delete

I love interacting with readers, and promise to reply all comments. Spam and advertising will be deleted.