Pages

  • HOME
  • ABOUT
  • POLICIES / DISCLOSURES
  • CONTACT ME
STYLE ART LIFE

Thursday 17 April 2014

Modelling: Rainy Day Steampunk

Featuring the mandatory lace parasol, owned by goths everywhere.


Last semester I had my first official modelling gig, which I had forgotten to post about until now; I'm not seriously planning on going into modelling as career, but it's a skill I'd like to learn (plus it would be fun to be able to take on the odd interesting project). It was an enjoyable experience, though the miserable weather meant everyone's fingers went blue and lighting was a challenge.


The shoot was organised by a local photography student (I found out about it via advertisement in my student paper) andstaged at Camperdown House on a steampunk theme; I wore my go to outfit for steam related events (seen on the blog before here). I should state that all images have been heavily edited post-production. Editing is something I do myself for my own photography, but I have no idea if he's altered my appearance or not, which I don't do on the blog.


Looking at the photos afterwards, I am most definitely not a natural model, and I need to look at make up which performs better on camera. Nonetheless, I've got a better idea of posing, and even if I don't become the next Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell (god forbid), it will help my own photography for the blog.



Have you ever had experience modelling before? Are you a fan of steampunk? Let me know in the comments!






Fee




6 comments:

  1. My favourite shot is the one with you sandwiched between those massive columns - that is an awesome photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the columns one too - Camperdown house is really impressive and an amazing place for a photoshoot.

      Delete
  2. I agree, the photo with the columns is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos only look like they've been crammed full of filters and had the colour/exposure changed; I think your face is safe from the evil, corrupting hands of Photoshop for another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, there's definitely some sharpening/sepia going on there, but I can't remember how zitty I was then and thus if there's been any coverage (my skin looks suspiciously clear here).

      Delete

I love interacting with readers, and promise to reply all comments. Spam and advertising will be deleted.